Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving...

Do you ever find it hard to be thankful during the holidays? Sometimes, the running from here to there makes me crazy. This year it was not so bad. Thanksgiving Day the kids and I went to my sister Lara’s. Matt was able to get off work early enough to show up before we ate at 2:00. Needless to say, I was thrilled. The food was incredible. Uncle Mikey made a turkey that was to die for. It was by far the best turkey I have ever eaten. Too bad it was not done until a couple hours after we ate…oops! Luckily, Lara planned for an army and had some backup!

Then we head to the in-laws for what is usually a great time of fellowship! This year…they were sick and did not feel like cooking, so we postponed the dinner until the following Sunday and just spent some time with them. My sister brought them turkey plates so they were able to still have a thanksgiving meal.

Saturday, we spent at my moms, where we had turkey salad and ham and some regular thanksgiving food. It was the best visit we have had in a long time. We were not overtaken by video games in every room. We were able to talk and catch up, and I truly enjoyed myself. It was nice to have almost everyone home! There are some pictures posted that I am sure you will enjoy.

The following Sunday, we watched as Dylan and Alexis decided to shoot everyone in the room with their toy guns. Aunt Misty helped Alexis and Dylan make gingerbread houses! They are so cute. Our STEAK dinners were great as well. The funny part is now we know Alexis and Dylan need their own steaks. We thought we could share, but they are like their daddy’s. And guess what...I got Grandma Humes (my mother-in-law's mom) recipe for corn pudding which is GREEEEAT!

Overall, it was a fabulous Thanksgiving. We really do have so much to be thankful for. Our families are great, most of the time :), our kids are beautiful and healthy, we have a place to live and food to eat, but most of all we have JESUS! I think He becomes even more real after you have children. You realize how much you truly have to depend on Him in every area of your life. How grateful I am that He loves a sinner such as me! We all should be more thankful.